subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Foad <julianf...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SVN-4065 - server should enforce LF normalization for svn:eol-style=native
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2019 13:10:15 GMT
Branko Čibej wrote:
>> The repos layer to a large extent transparent to properties and their
>> values, though not so much: it has some validation and even
>> "normalization" of "svn:" property names and values.  I feel this is
>> generally Bad; there is some room for repos-layer knowledge of
>> properties but we should have separated the concerns better.
>
> Does the repos layer actually normalize svn: properties? I know
> 'svnadmin load' can, but I don't believe the repos API does that?

AFAICT the RA parts of the libsvn_repos API never modify node props,
only revision props.

The normalization of node props done by 'svnadmin load' is implemented
in libsvn_repos through svn_repos_get_fs_build_parser6():

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/subversion/tags/1.12.0/subversion/include/svn_repos.h?view=markup#l3863

That is yet another case where it's implemented at the wrong level.
Here, "svnrdump load" can't share it.  The dumpstream loader should be
refactored so svnadmin and svnrdump share code:
https://subversion.apache.org/issue/4780 "Factor out the dumpstream
loader editor driver".

- Julian