subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Integrate archives / logs, permalinks, searching
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2018 12:42:17 GMT
On 07.12.2018 12:14, Julian Foad wrote:
> Branko ─îibej wrote:
>> On 07.12.2018 11:50, Julian Foad wrote:
>>> (From my thoughts on svn community development: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SVN/What%27s+In+My+Head#What'sInMyHead-Integratearchives/logs,permalinks,searching
)
>> The way to start would be to post permalinks to Confluence pages. I can
>> break that link right now by renaming your head ... I mean the page
>> about what's in it. :)
> Yes, yes. But it's less functional: Confluence doesn't seem to provide a permalink for
a subsection. Here's one for the whole page:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/U4rQBQ

Paste the anchor onto that and it "just works":

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/U4rQBQ#What'sInMyHead-Integratearchives/logs,permalinks,searching

Of course that's a completely moronic way to identify resource
fragments. Clearly the low-budget developers who invented this scheme
for Atlassian don't have a clue about usability in hypertext.

-- Brane

P.S.: Is there a plain-text editor for Confluence with visible markup?
The WYSIWYMPGIYVL one is less than perfect.