subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Pilato <cmpil...@collab.net>
Subject Re: Subversion Exception!
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2018 15:53:04 GMT
On 12/13/18 10:45 AM, Branko ─îibej wrote:
> Uh. I forgot about the malfunction handler. However this doesn't really
> help, other than putting possibly sensitive paths into the crash handler
> info? We really shouldn't do it this way, users *will* just copy and
> paste the output tot he 'net.

Ahem.  What Grandpa *meant* to say was:

"Oh, cool!  So there _is_ a way to report the non-canonical path.
Thanks for figuring this out, Julian!  Unfortunately, it comes at a
cost, namely that of revealing potentially sensitive paths in the output
which I strongly suspect will get copied and paste to the 'net.  If we
could mitigate that part of it, this might turn out to be truly beneficial."

;-)