subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: authz changes between 1.9 and 1.10
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2018 13:37:52 GMT
On 05.12.2018 14:27, Julian Foad wrote:
> Branko ─îibej wrote:
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/7IjQBQ
>> It is starting to improve. I'll be grateful to anyone who cares to take
>> a look to debug the syntax BNF.
> I appreciate the right-bracket rule change is in that domain.
>
> Could I nevertheless encourage you to jump ahead to writing the high-level rules, especially
those that affected by the changes you propose in this thread relating to override/merge behaviours
etc.?

> That's the part we need in order to review the proposed changes.

One thing at a time. FWIW, the high-level rules are *already* documented
in our wiki, as are changes from the previous authz incarnation (modulo
bugs). I'll really just summarize them in a more user-friendly way. All
known docs and issues are also linked from that page.

In fact the documentation we have now, as well as test coverage, is much
better than what we had before 1.10, when it was limited to half a
chapter in The Book and to reading the code. It's kind of "fun" trying
to document changes from undocumented behaviour.

-- Brane