subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: authz changes between 1.9 and 1.10
Date Sun, 02 Dec 2018 16:28:01 GMT
On 02.12.2018 16:49, Branko Čibej wrote:
> On 02.12.2018 15:15, Julian Foad wrote:
>> Branko Čibej wrote:
>>> I have a patch ready, here are some examples of what it does [...]
>> Not following the details, all I would ask ("all", he says) is that a complete description
of the new semantics be available for review, and should be published along with the changes.
Otherwise I fear the community has no real way of reviewing  the actual semantics against
the intended semantics.

>> One basis we have for such documentation could be the document that Doug Robinson
contributed in dev@ thread "Subversion AuthZ Wildcards" on 2017-02-27 [1]. AFAIK it was the
best or only documentation we had of the new semantics.

>> Might you or anyone else be prepared to do that?
>>
>> [1] https://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2017-02/0188.shtml or https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/be50f6e5b1a92a244033bd7f13449c8d02e92bbe7e29dc89209f62f8@%3Cdev.subversion.apache.org%3E
>>

> Oooh, Yeah. I started by making the page tree in confluence make some
> kind of sense, and found we have two roadmap pages, both by the same
> author. :)  There are a few pages I haven't been able to classify, but
> certainly a new chapter is necessary to gather actual implemented
> feature documentation (which may, or may not, be different from the
> related design notes).

Seriously though: I started this document
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/7IjQBQ
Yes, it's empty. It will improve.

-- Brane