subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Foad <julianf...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Support character classes in glob authz rules
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2018 09:39:24 GMT
Branko ─îibej wrote:
> I can't think of a solution that would not depart from ConfigParser
> semantics in one way or another. As for "the system" ... well, the fact
> that config and authz parsing shares common code is really just an
> accident, and certainly an implementation detail.

OK, that's fair. Your solution does seem to be a backward-compatible way that practically
should work well to cope with this case.

I was going to say "this new case", but the square-bracket problem is not new with glob rules:
any filename can have square brackets in it, on Unix.

If we treat the authz format as its own format, that does make me wonder if there are any
other limitations the current ConfigParser format is applying, that should also be lifted.

For example, if "@harry" is parsed as a reference to group name "harry", then is there also
a way to specify a username that is literally "@harry"?

In general, is there a programmatic transformation from arbitrary valid user names and paths
to corresponding authz entries?

--
- Julian