subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Foad <julianf...@apache.org>
Subject Re: authz changes between 1.9 and 1.10
Date Sun, 02 Dec 2018 14:15:35 GMT
Branko ─îibej wrote:
> I have a patch ready, here are some examples of what it does [...]

Not following the details, all I would ask ("all", he says) is that a complete description
of the new semantics be available for review, and should be published along with the changes.
Otherwise I fear the community has no real way of reviewing  the actual semantics against
the intended semantics.

One basis we have for such documentation could be the document that Doug Robinson contributed
in dev@ thread "Subversion AuthZ Wildcards" on 2017-02-27 [1]. AFAIK it was the best or only
documentation we had of the new semantics.

Might you or anyone else be prepared to do that?

[1] https://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2017-02/0188.shtml or https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/be50f6e5b1a92a244033bd7f13449c8d02e92bbe7e29dc89209f62f8@%3Cdev.subversion.apache.org%3E

--
- Julian