subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Issue SVN-2263 Send multiple locks in one DAV request
Date Sat, 13 Oct 2018 14:54:34 GMT
On 13.10.2018 16:46, Julian Foad wrote:
> Julian Foad wrote:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SVN-2263
>> "Send multiple locks in one DAV request"
>>
>> A comment says:
>> "Pipelining multiple lock and unlock requests was implemented for 1.9."
>>
>> So, is this issue resolved?
> I should have said: I'm just asking because I noticed it's still marked as open in the
issue tracker, and would like to mark it as resolved if it is.

Pipelining the lock and unlock requests is not the same as sending
multiple locks in one request, so no, it's not resolved. Each
lock/unlock op still gets its own HTTP request, with all the extra work
that implies in mod_dav_svn, the pipelining just reduces the network
latency.

-- Brane