subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Foad <julianf...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to get feedback on experimental features
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2018 13:36:13 GMT
Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> Would it help to have a non-publicly-archived feedback channel?  I'm
> thinking of, say, some feedback@subversion.a.o mailing list, privately
> archived and with moderated subscriptions.

A way to send feedback anonymously but in public would be a better fit between open-source
development and a user who wants to remain private. Their feedback needs to get through to
the public project in the end if it's to be of any use. I accept that anonymous feedback comes
with more spam issues to deal with.

A private channel would require management from our end, a team who are willing to be the
go-betweens translating private to public, and visibility and trust of that team (is it really
private if it's actually an alias for all committers, for example). That role is better filled
by commercial organizations, and not something I think we should be doing.

--
- Julian