subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposal: new fsfs.conf properties
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2017 06:27:25 GMT
On 13.07.2017 04:07, Paul Hammant wrote:
> I flipped _back_ to Python's requests.put(..) in my solution - from a
> regular Svn client. That relies on 'autoversioning=on' for it to work
> over DAV, I mean. In that configuration it functions like curl, of
> course.
>
> _Commit Messages_
>
> I'd love a --header "svn:message: my message" too.  I raised it before
> in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SVN-4454
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SVN-4454> but the team was
> split back in 2013 on yes vs no. I'm thinking I'd like it again,
> having reviewed all the comments. Can I ask for that issue/request to
> be reopened, please ?

I'm wondering what you gain with curl and autoversioning over, e.g.,
svnmucc or using our bindings (or even our libraries)? Other than that
you can't set the log message or any other properties.

FWIW, I strongly disagree with the idea of adding this feature, given
that there are already _two_ ways of doing this without having a working
copy.

-- Brane