subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Johan Corveleyn <jcor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: new fsfs.conf properties
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2017 21:45:58 GMT
On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 10:40 PM, Paul Hammant <paul@hammant.org> wrote:
> I'd be fine with that too if it is also settable via curl --header
> "svn:compression: no" for non-client auto-increment operations.

I'm wondering whether you'll still need this. You ended up with
curl+autoversioning (at Philip's suggestion) because that eliminates
the client-side deltification and compression overhead. But if the
normal svn client grows support to skip those (with the svn: property
Mark pointed to, or through some other technique), you might be able
to use a normal client with the same (or very close) performance as
curl+autoversioning.

--
Johan