subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1801940 - in /subversion/trunk: ./ notes/ subversion/include/ subversion/include/private/ subversion/libsvn_delta/ subversion/libsvn_fs_fs/ subversion/libsvn_subr/ subversion/tests/libsvn_delta/ subversion/tests/libsvn_subr/
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2017 13:31:52 GMT
Evgeny Kotkov wrote on Wed, 26 Jul 2017 15:48 +0300:
> And building using an embedded copy of the source isn't something new,
> as we already do that for utf8proc and with sqlite-amalgamation.

utf8proc is indeed a precedent, but sqlite is not.

- We support linking against an external sqlite lib too, not just
  against sqlite-amalgamation.  (On Unix, at least, which is what stsp
  and Philip discuss)

- sqlite-amalgamation is not _embedded_ in the source; it is retrieved
  by the user, so they can use an sqlite that was released after the
  subversion tarball they're building.

> Furthermore, we only require the core part of the LZ4 library — that is, two
> relatively small files (lz4.c and lz4.h), which I think were specifically
> designed this way to simplify the process of using LZ4 in various
> applications.

This may be related to something I've been meaning to bring up: adding
lz4 has added five new warnings to the build (see attachment).  I meant
to bring them up and ask if they could please be addressed, but I wonder
if those warnings are related to your "designed to be importable" point.

Cheers,

Daniel