subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: How to update tools/dist/security/_gnupg.py?
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2017 10:37:30 GMT
Daniel Shahaf wrote on Sun, 02 Jul 2017 04:36 +0000:
> That error is from tools/dist/security/_gnupg.py.  The error disappears when
> I install that module via my OS packages, so I assume we should update our
> import.

Another issue: gnupg.py seems to only use gpg1 keyring files, so after running
'release.py get-keys' which populated a gpg2 keybox file in ~/.gnupg/, I had to
run 'gpg2 --export | gpg1 --import' in order for 'release.py check-sigs' to work.

This is a bit too fragile to my liking: it would be good for release.py to not need
both gpg1 and gpg2 to be available and configured.

I think release.py would Just Work if the 'gpg' binary in $PATH were a gpg1
binary, but on my system that 'gpg' binary is gpg2.

Cheers,

Daniel