subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject 'svnadmin load-revprops' as first-level command?
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2017 19:36:18 GMT
I was going through the 1.10 release notes and I found the new
load-revprops / dump-revprops subcommands:

    https://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.10#svnadmin-revprops
    New svnadmin dump-revprops and svnadmin load-revprops subcommands

    […] svnadmin dump-revprops will save the current values of all
    revision properties to a dump file. svnadmin load-revprops can be
    used to set revision properties in a repository to the values saved
    in a dump file.

I don't dispute the need for such functionality, but is a separate
top-level command the right home for it?  I would have expected
'load-revprops' to be spelled "svnadmin load --only-revprops" or even
"svndumpfilter revprops-only | svnadmin load".

The rationale is that 'load' and 'load-revprops' take exactly the same
data format and manipulate it in exactly the same way.

WDYT?

Daniel
(I smoke-tested this on IRC and Karl agreed.)