subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Sperling <s...@elego.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1780191 - /subversion/site/publish/docs/release-notes/1.10.html
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2017 12:11:40 GMT
On Tue, Feb 07, 2017 at 12:40:10PM +0100, Johan Corveleyn wrote:
> BTW: why no "deleted an item" for local change (can't look at the code
> / resolver options right now myself, so just wondering ...)?

I've just added one case where the resolver has special-purpose code for
that (code which already existed in 1.9): https://svn.apache.org/r1781991
This case is in the first row (incoming edit vs local delete/move),
and updates children which were moved out of the directory before the
directory itself was deleted.

Apart from 'accept current working copy state' (aka postpone), there
is no other case where the resolver code looks for a local change
with reason code svn_wc_conflict_reason_deleted.
It is quite possible that the resolver is missing a lot of other cases
where this condition would apply!