subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Foad <jul...@foad.me.uk>
Subject Re: fsfsfixer script not compatible with 1.8+ repos
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2017 16:54:11 GMT
Julian Foad wrote:
> James Prestwood wrote:
[...]
>> I'm wanting to run the fsfsfixer script from
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk/contrib/server-side/fsfsfixer/
>> but this isn't compatible with repositories created in 1.8+, as per the
>> error I'm seeing:
>>
>> ('error:', FixError("Filesystem '/path/to/repo/db' is too new (format 6); [...]

>> I see there is the setting "MAX_FSFS_FORMAT = 5" in the file
>> fixer/fix-rev.py whiuch I could in theory change to 6, but I don't know
>> if the format is too different to get away with this.

According to document 'subversion/libsvn_fs_fs/structure' [1] and the
SVN_FS_FS__MIN_* constants [2], f5 was never released (it existed in
1.7-dev builds only) and the only change between f4 and f6 was packed
revprops.

Since this script doesn't deal with revprops, I'm pretty confident then
that it should work with f6 just as well as it did with f5 or f4 (which
is to say, not perfectly but good enough to get us out of a hole
occasionally).

So I'll bump this MAX_FSFS_FORMAT constant.

Done in http://svn.apache.org/r1780939

Thanks for prompting me to look into it, James.

- Julian

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk/subversion/libsvn_fs_fs/structure
[2]