subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: Your project VM needs to be migrated.
Date Sun, 17 Jul 2016 14:59:29 GMT
Gav wrote on Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 13:26:53 +1000:
> Hello Subversion devs!
>
> You guys have a VM 'svn-qavm2.apache.org' which is housed on old hardware
> due to be turned off.
>
> Therefore your VM needs to either be migrated to our cloud infrastructure
> and integrated into our puppet management environment or just turned off if
> you no longer require it.

infra: We do require the VM, we run svn-role and wayita on it.
Furthermore I believe the VM was already puppetised by Ben back when
svn-qavm.a.o was redone as svn-qavm2.a.o.  However, the incumbent VM
svn-qavm2.a.o may have some state (data files) on it that need
migration, we will investigate and let you know.

dev@: Could someone please take point on this?  We have docs in
https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/pmc/subversion/machines/ [partial
committers have access too]; from memory, the VM only runs svn-role and
wayita.  There may be some data that needs migrating (not much, but we
don't want to lose wayita's factoid or memo databases, or `svnversion`
of the backport.pl that is actually running in production (the one
invoked by the crontab)).

Cheers,

Daniel

P.S. for dev@: For bonus points repoint the svn-role tasks from
backport.pl to tools/dist/merge-approved-backports.py while at it.