subversion-dev mailing list archives

From "Bert Huijben" <b...@qqmail.nl>
Subject RE: Incomplete xml output when using --xml to non-existent server
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2016 18:05:21 GMT

For me it is expected behavior. As soon as you get output on stderr and/or a non success result
the xml generated by 'svn' is usually invalid. And there is no real backwards compatible way
to fix this as our xml schema has no way to express errors.

It has been this way for many versions (and actually one of a few reasons I started working
on SharpSvn in 2006, which eventually got me here in the project, etc.)

I would recommend switching to one of the language bindings if you really need to care for
handling error conditions.
(Sometimes it is easier to work around things by just performing things recursively on an
ancestor directory)

	Bert