subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Phippard <markp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn+ssh long-lived daemon
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2015 14:24:12 GMT
On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 9:20 AM, Mark Phippard <markphip@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've always felt the same, but now that I've used SSH more (with Git) I
> kind of question it.
>
> Are HTTP client certs much better than passwords?  The cert itself still
> has to be physically secured and if you protect the cert with a passphrase
> then you have all of the same cache problems that passwords do.
>
> With SSH there is infrastructure like ssh-agent that just does not exist
> for HTTP.
> <http://markphip.blogspot.com/>

I should have added that the part that I would question here is the value
and importance of the cache.  Which is the root of this.  I just do not see
it.  I guess you (Philip) do else you would not be looking into this.  The
majority of our users, as my educated guess only, are probably using Apache
server with prefork MPM.

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard