subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <danie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1716548 - /subversion/trunk/subversion/tests/libsvn_fs/fs-test.c
Date Sat, 28 Nov 2015 17:32:00 GMT
On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 06:17:07PM +0000, Philip Martin wrote:
> Philip Martin <philip.martin@wandisco.com> writes:
>
> > I suppose one way to fix this would be to ensure that every BDB revision
> > generates a new node-revision-id.
>
> To do this we make '/' mutable either when creating the txn, or when
> commiting the txn.  Patches to do both below.  Not sure which one is
> best.

Making '/' mutable at transaction creation would violate an explicit API
promise:

    /** Set @a *revision to the revision in which @a path under @a root was
     * created.  Use @a pool for any temporary allocations.  @a *revision will
     * be set to #SVN_INVALID_REVNUM for uncommitted nodes (i.e. modified nodes
     * under a transaction root).  Note that the root of an unmodified transaction
     * is not itself considered to be modified; in that case, return the revision
     * upon which the transaction was based.
     */
    svn_error_t *
    svn_fs_node_created_rev(svn_revnum_t *revision,

I only ran into that while answering Ren Wang on users@.

Cheers,

Daniel