subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Ferbar <ch...@qnipp.com>
Subject Re: bash_completion - subversion add: svn ls/merge ^/<remote path>
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2015 12:20:56 GMT
Hi,

new version. This patch are my current changes for "svn ls" only. I need some feedback concerning:

-> how to deal with svn error messages written to stderr, for example:
svn ls svn+ssh://svn.something.com/<tab><tab>user@svn.something.com's password:

this happens when you forget to do ssh-add

-> in bash >= 4 they changed COMP_WORDS. The Line will be split at : as well, so "file:/something"
are 3 array items. Nobody would use subversion 1.9 with bash 3 ... probably. I will drop bash
3 statements, for example:

if [[ $cur == file:* ]]

ok?

> Please can URL completion work on full URLs as well as on relative URLs?
for SVN LS this is done:

1. svn ls tabtab                           -> ^/ file:/// http:// https:// svn:// svn+ssh://
2. svn ls svn+ssh://tabtab         -> will look at the ~/.ssh/known_hosts
3. svn ls http[s]://tabtab             -> lookup in ~/.subversion/simple-auth - should
still be working
4. svn ls proto://server/tabtab or  ^/tabtab -> autocomplete via "svn ls"

cheers,
Chris