subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Strapetz <marc.strap...@syntevo.com>
Subject Re: JavaHL, 1.9: "Bad file descriptor", "Stream doesn't support this capability" errors
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2015 07:09:58 GMT
On 14.08.2015 00:20, Branko ─îibej wrote:
> On 13.08.2015 13:32, Marc Strapetz wrote:

>>> Which platform is this? Can the user reproduce this problem with the
>>> command-line svn on the same machine?
>>
>> It's on Windows, in combination with SSH. I'm now able to reproduce
>> this problem myself and it looks like a regression to me:
>>
>> It's reproducible with our own Windows binaries as well as with the
>> WANdisco binaries. It's reproducible with Plink/Pageant as well as
>> with Trilead SSH. The commit works fine with Subversion 1.8.
>>
>> Is there any additional information/debugging I can do on my side?
>
> I'd still want to know if the command-line client works. If not, a
> minimal Java program using JavaHL that demonstrates the problem would be
> a real help.

No, the command-line client does not work: neither the binaries we are
building nor WANdisco's binaries.

It's reproducible with an empty repository on the server (just
initialized with svnadmin) and a local repository which has been
prepared for the initial import:

C:\temp\svn> svn status -v
                  0        0  ?           .
A                -       ?   ?           dir
A                -       ?   ?           dir\subfile
A                -       ?   ?           file

C:\temp\svn> svn commit -m "initial import"
svn: E140004: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: E140004: Stream doesn't support this capability
svn: E000009: Polling for available data on filestream failed: Bad file
descriptor

On the server, we are running SVN 1.6.17.

-Marc