subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Foad <julianf...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: Testing equality between svnrdump and svnadmin dump
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2015 12:54:43 GMT
I (Julian Foad) wrote:
> The few differences I have found seem to be already known (but not necessarily
> adequately addressed). These include: svnrdump always sets 'Prop-delta:
> true' even when unnecessary; svnrdump doesn't output some of the
> checksum headers that svnadmin does; they put different numbers of blank lines
> between sections in some cases.
>
> In its current state, about 4 or 5 tests fail. A few of these are svnadmin tests
> that deliberately create an invalid repo, that then fails to dump.

There were 4 failures in svnadmin_tests.py, all for that reason. The attached, updated patch
avoids these spurious test failures, and also has a log message.

> At least one
> other fail appears to be a bug in the test suite's dumpfile parser.

The other failure is not a parser bug as I speculated, but an interesting real difference.

svnmucc_tests.py 2 'basic svnmucc tests' generates a no-op modification to an empty file,
in revision 16. 'svnadmin dump' outputs this:
[[[
I: Node-path: boozle/buz/svnmucc-test.py
I: Node-kind: file
I: Node-action: change
I:
I:
]]]

whereas 'svnrdump dump' outputs this:
[[[
I: Node-path: boozle/buz/svnmucc-test.py
I: Node-kind: file
I: Node-action: change
I: Text-delta: true
I: Text-delta-base-md5: d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e
I: Text-content-length: 4
I: Text-content-md5: d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e
I: Content-length: 4
I:
I: SVN
I: