subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Foad <julianf...@btopenworld.com>
Subject FAIL: basic_tests.py 38 "use folders with names like 'c:hi'"
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2014 17:13:45 GMT
I see a test failure on current trunk over HTTP:

$ basic_tests.py ... 38
CMD: svnmucc ... put .../C</C< ...
exited with 1
.../subversion/svnmucc/svnmucc.c:225,
.../subversion/libsvn_ra_serf/xml.c:915: (apr_err=SVN_ERR_RA_DAV_MALFORMED_DATA)
svnmucc: E175009: The XML response contains invalid XML
.../subversion/libsvn_ra_serf/xml.c:915: (apr_err=SVN_ERR_XML_MALFORMED)
svnmucc: E130003: Malformed XML: not well-formed (invalid token)
FAIL:  basic_tests.py 38: use folders with names like 'c:hi'

I understand from Philip and Ben on IRC that this is a known bug with some versions of httpd.
On our end we

<philipm> Brane added a check the knows about the broken versions in some distributions
(OS X and RedHat possibly) but not all the broken version.
[...]
<breser> Yeah and he said something to me about looking at the list and I forgot to
do it.
<philipm> Ben added a configure check that prevents building with some broken versions,
Brane added an XFAIL for other broken versions.
 Ben's regex in apache.m4 is 2.4.[56], Brane's blacklist is 2.4.9.

Can we consolidate this? Do we really need two different mechanisms? How about we get rid
of the XFAIL check and just have the 'configure' check, and if somebody overrides it (or if
there's a broken version that 'configure' doesn't catch) then we see test failures?

- Julian