subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Radjino Bholanath <R.M.R.Bholan...@student.tudelft.nl>
Subject Questions about code reviews and static analysis tools for TU Delft research
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2014 10:43:56 GMT
Hi,

I'm doing research on code reviews and static analysis tools at the SERG group (http://swerl.tudelft.nl/bin/view/Main/WebHome)
of the Delft University of Technology. Currently, we want to give an overview of the usage
of code review and static analysis tools in open source projects. Therefore, I would be very
happy to know a little bit more about how code reviews are used in Subversion and if (and
maybe how) static analysis tools are used. I have a couple of questions for anyone willing
to answer:

1. Do all developers (contributors and core developers) have to submit a code review for every
change? I’m asking because many projects only review changes made by contributors.
2. Which code review tools are used (just the mailing list, or maybe other tools)?
3. Are static analyzers used? If they are used:
a. Is passing the checks of the static analyzers necessary for a change to be accepted?
b. Which static analyzers are used?

Thanks,
Radjino