subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: Implement major FSFS performance related changes in the experimental FSX format
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2014 01:09:56 GMT
Stefan Sperling wrote on Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 19:30:06 +0200:
> And I hope I won't be left alone when having to fix FSFSv7 corruption
> should it ever occur in the wild ;-)

I see the wink, but I'll answer seriously: if that's a concern, we might
want to review the 'structure' file and code comments, to see if they
describe all they need to so that any developer (not just stefan2) can
become familiar with the code to the degree that they can fix any bugs
therein.

In other words, we should review the documentation, separately from
reviewing the code.

For example, the 'structure' file usually documents how we *do* things
--- but we don't always document *why* we do them one way or another
(design choices), what aspects may be changed (flexibility), and what
changes should be avoided (e.g., for real-world reasons that our test
suite doesn't catch) (pitfalls).

Daniel