subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Reser <...@reser.org>
Subject Re: Proposal for separating Tests into groups
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2013 15:16:35 GMT
On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 4:11 PM, Markus Schaber <m.schaber@codesys.com> wrote:
> I definitely remember that an existing test case which I had written was
> cut down in r1356418 because it took to long, and later converted into
> an #ifdef in r1356442.

I think there's only two tests that are like that, the one you
mentioned and 16k files test.  There might be some stuff in the
cmdline tests (it's harder to search for them) that I didn't notice.

Compile time defines seems like a crummy way of deciding to run some
more complex tests if you want to have them.  I think the category
idea is a better approach because it can solve other problems we have
that I mentioned in my previous mail.