subversion-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ben Reser <>
Subject Re: [serf-dev] Serf issue #102 and 1.8.0 release timing
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2013 15:31:24 GMT
On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 7:22 AM, C. Michael Pilato <> wrote:
> I'll suggest that the answer is found in how we'd track the issue locally.
> "Subversion requires Serf 1.2.1" would be a reasonable issue description.
> It would naturally be a 1.8.0 blocking issue.  It's resolution (on our end,
> at least) would be simple -- some build system twiddling is all.  What
> remains, then, is the determination of whether those changes (and it is
> arguably fair to consider all the changes made between Serf 1.2.0 and 1.2.1,
> here, too) are destabilizing or not.  If they are considered destabilizing,
> we're at least release_date(serf_1.2.1) + 28 days away from 1.8.0-final
> again.  If they are not, then we should hold off on 1.8.0-rc3 until Serf
> 1.2.1 is produced (hopefully Real Soon Now), and then our final release can
> come a week after that.

My vote is to not restart the soak.  The plan to wait to produce
1.8.0-rc3 until serf 1.2.1 is available and adjust the dependency
requirements is exactly what I was planning to do.

Given that there's a great deal of overlap in developers with Serf and
Subversion, I trust that the Serf folks can choose appropriate changes
for 1.2.1 that won't be destabilizing.

View raw message