subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Schaber <m.scha...@codesys.com>
Subject AW: Proposal for separating Tests into groups
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2013 14:11:38 GMT
Hi, Ben,

Von: Ben Reser [ben@reser.org]

>On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 3:20 PM, Markus Schaber <m.schaber@codesys.com> wrote:
>> This are two alternative proposals for the test suite:
>>
>> Rationale: Developers restrain from implementing some tests because they just take
to much time to run at every commit.

> I don't think that's a problem with Subversion.  I can run the full
> test suite against a single fs layer + ra layer in 5 minutes.
> Depending on what I'm touching I may decide to run one or more but
> even if I test all 3 ra layers that's only 15 minutes.
>
> I don't recall anyone ever saying I didn't write a test for that
> because it would take too long to run. [...]

I definitely remember that an existing test case which I had written was
cut down in r1356418 because it took to long, and later converted into
an #ifdef in r1356442.

[...]

Best regards

Markus Schaber

(This email was sent from a mobile device...)

CODESYS® a trademark of 3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH

Inspiring Automation Solutions
3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH
Dipl.-Inf. Markus Schaber | Product Development Core Technology
Memminger Str. 151 | 87439 Kempten | Germany
Tel. +49-831-54031-979 | Fax +49-831-54031-50

E-Mail: m.schaber@codesys.com | Web: codesys.com
CODESYS internet forum: forum.codesys.com

Managing Directors: Dipl.Inf. Dieter Hess, Dipl.Inf. Manfred Werner | Trade register: Kempten
HRB 6186 | Tax ID No.: DE 167014915