subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1375675 - in /subversion/trunk/subversion: include/svn_repos.h libsvn_repos/fs-wrap.c libsvn_repos/hooks.c libsvn_repos/repos.c libsvn_repos/repos.h tests/cmdline/commit_tests.py tests/cmdline/svntest/actions.py
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 17:54:27 GMT
On 08/21/2012 10:29 AM, cmpilato@apache.org wrote:
> Author: cmpilato
> Date: Tue Aug 21 17:29:40 2012
> New Revision: 1375675

> Log:
> Introduce a new 'init-commit' hook script which runs immediately after
> the commit txn is created and populated with initial txnprops.

I'm curious where this is used.  This is just after the txn is begun but
before any modifications are made in it?

Calling this "init" isn't self documenting, it's not clear where in the
commit steps it occurs.  It doesn't fit in the "pre-" or "post-"
convention where it's clear where it runs in the order.

Calling this "post-create", "post-txn-create" would be a clearer name.
Given this hook is infrequently used, I would prefer the later.

Blair