subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with checkout for 1.7.0-rc4
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 09:51:06 GMT
2011/10/11 Philip Martin <philip.martin@wandisco.com>:
> Philip Martin <philip.martin@wandisco.com> writes:
>
>> +    /* SQLite 3.5 allows sharing cache instances, even in a multithreaded
>> +       environment. This allows sharing cached data when we open a database
>> +       more than once (Very common in the current pre-single-database state)
*/

> This comment is out of date, wcng is single-db.

The "Very common in the current pre-single-database state" phrase in
the comment above is indeed outdated,  but still I would not say that
current svn is "single-db".

There are directory externals, that have their own .svn/wc.db files.

There also are operations that may access several working copies, e.g.
svn copy between two different WCs.

Though I admit that I do not know much about SQLite cache sharing.

>  I suppose it may still
> apply to simultaneous operations on the same working copy, and we will
> open the server-side rep-cache database multiple times.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko