subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Miha Vitorovic <miha.vitoro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Source code watermarking
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2011 10:35:41 GMT
On 7.10.2011 11:56, Semen Prikhodko wrote:

> Hi guys.
>
> I need to add additional functionality to Subversion. My task is to
> make SVN able to insert special "watermarks" into working copy source
> files which identify a developer working on them. This means every
> source file will contain some identifying comment (e.g. // {developer
> id} ). My customer says this step will protect the source code from
> stealing (the responsible person will be identified and punished).
> Yes, it's stupid, but that is my current task. So SVN must smartly
> insert the watermark when updating (checking out) the code and remove
> it at time of commit (the repo must not contain watermarks).

If you have the users authenticated against the SVN server, then you are
exactly describing the svn:keywords. There is some small adittion to the
code, but not the actual user data. It is well documented in the
Subversion book, but if you have any additional questions, I think they
are best directed at the users mailing list.

And, AFAIK, there is no book detailing the SVN code...

Br, Miha