subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Johan Corveleyn <jcor...@gmail.com>
Subject Bringing diff options of svnlook on par with svn?
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2011 12:35:33 GMT
Hi,

I'm wondering why svnlook doesn't support the same diff options (-x
flags or others) as svn does. Is it just a question of tuits? Or there
some specific reason why "svnlook diff" doesn't support '-x-p'
(--show-c-function) and the new '--git'?

If the answer is "tuits", I'd like to give it a shot when I have some time.

Rationale for my personal interest in this: we use "svnlook diff" for
producing the diff for post-commit emails (still using a perl script,
instead of mailer.py, because we have no python bindings installed).
It's annoying that I can't use the -x-p option. While I'm there, it
may be doable to also include the new --git option (don't know how
much work etc).

Cheers,
--
Johan