subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan K√ľng <tortoise...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What stands between us and branching 1.7?
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2011 20:48:35 GMT
On 06.01.2011 21:41, C. Michael Pilato wrote:
> I'm sorry if I asked this before -- I've been asking individual folks for
> over a month now, but I can't quickly find a public broadcast thread about
> it, at least -- but I've been wondering lately:
>
>    What, exactly, stands in the way of us branching for 1.7 stabilization?
>
> ra_serf stabilization?  No... that's fairly well taken care of, and would
> fit perfectly within in the scope of post-branch work anyway.

At least on Windows, I doubt that ra_serf is even used right now.
Because of the huge memory leak serf has/had (See here:
http://code.google.com/p/serf/source/detail?r=1416). But even though the
leak is fixed, there hasn't been another release yet.
With the latest release without that fix, serf is not usable at all.
To get more people to test ra_serf, serf itself first needs a new
release which includes that fix.

Stefan

--
        ___