subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Heinz Marbaise <khmarba...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: problem with svnsync and repository locks...
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2011 08:16:02 GMT
Hi,

may be i misunderstand a thing but have you implemented the lock-hooks
as well to replicate the locks to the slave ? If i understand your
explanation well you haven't ...

svnsync doesn't replicate lock to slaves...

excerpt from the Subversion book:
------
The only thing we've left out here is what to do about locks. Because
locks are strictly enforced by the master server (the only place where
commits happen), we don't technically need to do anything. Many teams
don't use Subversion's locking features at all, so it may be a nonissue
for you. However, if lock changes aren't replicated from master to
slaves, it means that clients won't be able to query the status of locks
(e.g., svn status -u will show no information about repository locks).
If this bothers you, you can write post-lock and post-unlock hook
scripts that run svn lock and svn unlock on each slave machine,
presumably through a remote shell method such as SSH. That's left as an
exercise for the reader!
--------

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise
Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl Heinz Marbaise        ICQ#: 135949029
Hauptstrasse 177                         USt.IdNr: DE191347579
52146 W├╝rselen                           http://www.soebes.de