subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: Bringing diff options of svnlook on par with svn?
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2011 13:17:36 GMT
Johan Corveleyn wrote on Wed, Jan 05, 2011 at 13:35:33 +0100:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering why svnlook doesn't support the same diff options (-x
> flags or others) as svn does. Is it just a question of tuits? Or there
> some specific reason why "svnlook diff" doesn't support '-x-p'
> (--show-c-function) and the new '--git'?
>
> If the answer is "tuits", I'd like to give it a shot when I have some time.
>
> Rationale for my personal interest in this: we use "svnlook diff" for
> producing the diff for post-commit emails (still using a perl script,
> instead of mailer.py, because we have no python bindings installed).
> It's annoying that I can't use the -x-p option. While I'm there, it
> may be doable to also include the new --git option (don't know how
> much work etc).

In post-commit you can use 'svn'.  (The transaction had already been
committed and the FS layer finished his part in the show by that point;
see svn_repos_fs_commit_txn().)  Only in pre-commit are you constrained
to 'svnlook' (-t), and --- for example, considering the -x-p option ---
I suspect no one ever needed to use -x-p from pre-commit.

I'm not sure that explanation covers all the missing options, but at
least some of them.