subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <danie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1054273 - in /subversion/trunk/subversion: include/svn_error.h include/svn_error_codes.h libsvn_subr/error.c tests/libsvn_subr/error-test.c
Date Sun, 02 Jan 2011 20:06:04 GMT
Blair Zajac wrote on Sun, Jan 02, 2011 at 11:51:45 -0800:
> On 1/1/2011 11:19 AM, danielsh@apache.org wrote:
>> Author: danielsh
>> Date: Sat Jan  1 19:19:53 2011
>> New Revision: 1054273

>> Log:
>> Avoid hard-coding a line number in a C test.
>>
>> * subversion/include/svn_error_codes.h
>>    (SVN_ERR_ASSERTION_ONLY_TRACING_LINKS): New error code.
>>
>> * subversion/libsvn_subr/error.c
>>    (svn_error_purge_tracing):
>>      Return a specific error code, rather than a specific line number :-).
>>
>> * subversion/tests/libsvn_subr/error-test.c
>>    (test_error_purge_tracing):
>>      Update expectations.  While here, fix a bug where ERR3_COPY would
>>      potentially be uninitialized.
>
> There isn't a bug here.  err3_copy would only be used if err3 is not
> NULL, which is enforced by the SVN_TEST_ASSERT(err3) before err3_copy is
> used.  So this code can be removed from the test:
>
>         else
>           err3_copy.apr_err = APR_SUCCESS;

Ah, I see.  You are correct, of course, the standing code was correct.

But, I think it's better not to rely on that; someone could refactor the
code tomorrow and leave err3_copy uninitialized.

Could we just move the SVN_TEST_ASSERT(err3) further up, and remove the
"if (err3)" entirely?

Daniel
(yes, that's exactly what I suggested last week for err2)