subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <danie...@apache.org>
Subject -bytes branch reports bogus conflict that trunk doesn't
Date Sun, 02 Jan 2011 18:36:16 GMT
Johan,

I saw your sync merge, so I ran 'svn up' with intent to rebuild.  When
I ran that 'up' with the branch build, I got a conflict, which didn't
appear when I ran it with a trunk build.  (See attached transcript.)

Furthermore, the conflict resolution (a) marked all the head of the file
as conflict (which is wrong; line 49 did change, but the first
20-something lines are identical), and (b) deleted everything after
line 232.

I realize that (a) is an outstanding issue (discussed in another thread
this weekend), but I don't recall that (b) is a known issue.

Daniel