struts-user mailing list archives

From john lee <sh_thorn_b...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: struts 2 ajax choice
Date Mon, 13 May 2013 22:07:01 GMT
Dave,

so, as your experience, which one u recommend to use?

JSON or S2Jquery?

thanks in advance

john

________________________________
 From: Dave Newton <davelnewton@gmail.com>
Cc: john lee <sh_thorn_bird@yahoo.com>
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2013 5:03 PM
Subject: Re: struts 2 ajax choice

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 5:56 PM, Mike Hao <mike.hao@gmail.com> wrote:

Will the S2 jQuery plugin provide the similar functions as S2 dojo plugin?

The docs and examples are available on the site I linked to.

Is S2 jQuery plugin maintained by Struts 2 team?
 The S2 jQuery plugin I linked to is an independent project that happens to have at least
one S2 team member on it.

It is *not* an official plugin, but it's quite a bit more recent, and better (IMO) than the
deprecated Dojo plugin.

Could anyone give me explanation why
>S2 Dojo plugin get deprecated?

Because it used a very old version of Dojo and nobody had the interest in upgrading and maintaining
it.

Dave