struts-user mailing list archives

From John.C.Cartwri...@noaa.gov
Subject S2: @SkipValidation annotation
Date Mon, 21 Sep 2009 20:22:46 GMT
Hello All,

I'm having trouble getting the SkipValidation annotation to work.  I
have a single action w/ multiple methods. Some of the methods don't
require any input and I'd like to skip validation, e.g.

@SkipValidation
public String list() {
   return("list");
}

However the annotation does not seem to prevent the validate method from
running and short circuiting the process. I'm using Struts 2.0.14 and
have included an excerpt from my struts.xml below.  Can someone please
help me here?

Thanks!

--john

<action name="Test_*" method="{1}"
class="gov.noaa.ngdc.mgg.scufn.action.TestAction">
  <result name="input">TestInput.jsp</result>
  <result>TestSuccess.jsp</result>
  <result name="list">TestSuccess.jsp</result>
</action>