struts-user mailing list archives

From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject Re: using <bean> tag in scriptlet
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2006 19:06:10 GMT
You can't use JSP tags in scriptlets like that. For your example, just
remove the scriptlet, i.e. instead of

     <%
         String str="<bean:message key='test.hello'/>";
         out.print(str);
     %>

just write

     <bean:message key='test.hello'/>

If you need the value retrieved by the bean:message tag in some other
code within a scriptlet, you'll need to set it into a scripting variable
in JSP (e.g. using c:set) and then access that variable in the scriptlet.

L.