struts-user mailing list archives

From David Grundberg <c04...@cs.umu.se>
Subject Re: How do I get the original RequestURI?
Date Sun, 10 Sep 2006 15:27:51 GMT
He, I'm using Struts 1.2.7, and it's not there. :( Too bad for me.
However, I think my problem must have been solved in some way, because
what I'm trying to do isn't that remarkable.

Some actions require the user to be logged in. I want to direct them to
a login screen. When they successfully logged in, I want  to return to
where they came from. Is the only option to *redirect* to the login
action and use the HTTP Referer-header to save where they came from? (Or
send the returnurl as a GET-parameter to the login action)

I guess action chaining is kind of evil. Hey, it's not like there is any
actual, factual documentation about struts out there waiting for me to
find it? I'm having a very hard time finding any hints how to accomplish
things.