struts-user mailing list archives

From David Grundberg <c04...@cs.umu.se>
Subject Re: How do I get the original RequestURI?
Date Sun, 10 Sep 2006 15:12:20 GMT
What?

I'm sorry, but I'm not asking about how to assemble an URL.

I want to retrieve the original URL sent by the browser in the request.
The request.getRequestURL() is wrapped and modified with each forward,
and I want the first, by the browser, requested URL.

Since so many seem to misunderstand me:
1. User inputs "http://localhost/appname/input.do" in browser.  (Mapped
to InputAction)
2. InputAction's request.getRequestURL() is
"http://localhost/appname/input.do"
3. InputAction forward to OtherAction.
4. The OtherAction's request.getRequestURL() is
"http://localhost/appname/other.do". <-- THIS ISN'T WHAT I WANT.

I want to retrieve the URL "http://localhost/appname/input.do" in the
OtherAction WITHOUT modifying InputAction. How do I do this?