struts-user mailing list archives

From "John De Lello" <Jo...@DelWare.com>
Subject Validation and Form Collections
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 11:13:36 GMT
Hello Everyone,

I have a question regarding validation.

I have JSP that uses the Html:Options tag to populate a DDLB. The action
class creates the collection and puts it in the Form. All works fine until
the form validation fails. When I come back from the form validation, I am
getting a "Bean define cannot assign to a null value" error.

I know this is because the action class is never reached if validation
fails, so I'm wondering how I can preserve the collection in the form in
that case. Do I need to re-populate the collection in the validate method if
a failure occurs? I was trying to keep all that logic in the action class
only. I can't put the collection in Session because for other reasons that I
don't control.

Thank you
John