struts-user mailing list archives

From Richard Wallace <rwall...@thewallacepack.net>
Subject [shale] Tomahawk updateActionListener in Clay
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2006 22:15:24 GMT
Hello again,

I'm trying to figure out how to use the Tomahawk updateActionListener in
Clay.  The idea being that you can attach an action listener to a
commandLink and when that specific link is clicked a value will be set
on a given property of a backing bean.  In JSP it would look something like:

<h:commandLink action="go_country">
  <h:outputText value="#{country.name}" />
  <t:updateActionListener property="#{selectCountryBackingBean.country}"
value="#{country.id}" />
</h:commandLink>

I'm trying to do something like this in Clay.  I was trying to use the
Tomahawk component but it seems there is actually alot being done in the
JSP tag code to take the property and value and creating value bindings
from them and setting them on the underlying component, rather than
having the component itself figure that stuff out.  So it's not easily
reused in Clay.

So, my question is has anyone tried this before and if so what, if
anything, did you figure out?  Should I just create my own component
based on the one in tomahawk but with the necessary code moved into the
component rather than the tag class (and then give the code back to
MyFaces, of course)?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Rich