struts-user mailing list archives

From Richard Wallace <rwall...@thewallacepack.net>
Subject [shale] Dynamic includes in clay
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2006 17:14:35 GMT
Hey,

I'm trying to do something like:

allowBody="false" />

to dynamically include content in a page.  The use-case is in a report
where the report is mostly static, but the report you get isn't.  There
are next/prev links as well as table of content links so the user can
jump around.  I need to be able to do it this way so the user can't just
change the url and get different reports.

The problem I'm running into is that when next or previous are clicked,
instead of the content for the next page being displayed,the content
from the first page is always displayed.  I've checked by logic and made
sure the the value of {@managed-bean-name.currentPage.viewId} is what it
should be.  The problem looks like the method getCurrentPage() is never
even called when the next/prev links are hit.  I'm guessing it's because
clay is caching the results from the first time the page is loaded and
then just using that on subsequent requests.

So, am I doing this right?  Or is there a different way to accomplish
these kinds of dynamic includes in clay?

Thanks,
Rich