struts-user mailing list archives

From Alex Kravets <akrav...@kligerweiss.com>
Subject Re: Struts 2.0 or Struts 0.0? [or Struts 1.42?]
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 18:31:28 GMT
Ted,

I hope you don't think that we (well me at least) seem to be accusation
in our e-mails. That is not the case. I am just sharing my thoughts on
where this or that approach might lead in the future. It might sound
unappreciative when guys spend thousands of hours perfecting/making
better something and other guys try to critique it without knowing what
labor was put into this work, but that's the nature of users: bitch,
bitch, bitch (I know it myself). No hard feeling I hope :)

Ted Husted wrote:

>I don't think anyone is out to prove or disprove anything.
>
>Craig saw a cool way to implement a front controller for JavaServer Faces, so he posted
some proof-of-concept code. Other people starting making contributions. A community is growing
up around the codebase, so we made it a subproject. That's really all there is to it.

>You know, guys, most of the committers are working stiffs, just like you. We find ways
that help us write our own applications, and we share them with the community. We're not sitting
around trying to come up with "The Next Big Thing" and move another million of copies of Struts.
We're just trying to ship our next application, while we maintain the ones we already go,
just like you.

>Craig thinks JSF and Shale is a great way to write Java Web applications, and other people
are starting to agree with him. That's not to say there are not other great ways to write
applications. Tapestry is one. Maverick, Spring MVC,  and WebWorks are others.