struts-user mailing list archives

From Bill Siggelkow <bills...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Oreilly example question
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2004 21:30:22 GMT
Declarative exception handling honors the exception hierarchy. For
example, if you want to trap all exceptions with your custom handler
simply specify 'java.lang.Exception' as the type. As far as the stack
trace printing; how this is handled depends on your logger. Log4J will
print the stacktrace for logged exceptions (I believe this includes the
stack trace of the causing exception).

-Bill Siggelkow

Mick.Knutson@wellsfargo.com wrote:
> I have done that in 1.1, but the issue I have is that each of my actions could potentially
throw many different Exceptions that all have different text associated with them.
> In addition to that, I would love to be able to see the root cause of each error.
>
> So:
> 1. Do I create a global exception entry for each type of error I have a class for, and
Struts will be able to deduce which kind of error it is?

> 2. Will I need to manually call printStackTrace() in order to get the root cause printed
in the logs?

> Mick Knutson
> Wells Fargo Business Direct
> (415) 222-1020
>
> "This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not
the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose,
or take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this
message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message.
Thank you for your cooperation."