struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jim Barrows" <jbarr...@sssc.com>
Subject RE: Struts, JSTL and ResourceBundle
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2004 19:42:49 GMT

Blech.  Wrong thing to say.  Everythign gets slowed down because you have to hit the DB everytime
you want a message.  Cacheing the data means your right back where you started from,  or trying
to refresh the cache on each change.

> > What you might want to do is cause all of the i18n bundles to
> > reload themselves to pick up new bundles. Which seems to be somewhat
> > difficult, but this link might provide some help:
> > http://www.jguru.com/faq/view.jsp?EID=44221
>
> Doing it the "right" way might be a real pain, but if you make
> context/WEB-INF/classes/ApplicationResources.properties a
> symlink to a file
> they can access, and use 'reloadable="true"
> allowLinking="true"' in the
> <CONTEXT> tag I would think it would work.  Ugly, but simple.

So is the linke I provided.  The problem seems to be that the resource bundles aren't really
designed to be reloaded during application run.  There is apparently a request for enhancement
at sun to do this.