struts-user mailing list archives

From Charl Gerber <charlger...@yahoo.com>
Subject Problem with struts form select and html escape codes
Date Fri, 24 Dec 2004 13:25:51 GMT
Hi,

I want to format options in a select (using
like:

<pre>
Select me      I am 1
No, select me! I am 2
</pre>
(Ie, there are spaces in the options that should
remain). This of course appears as two options in the
select.

I have made up the text with <pre>&nbsp</pre>;
characters, but it then displays as exactly that.
Looking in the generated html, I see :
&amp;nbsp; which is not what I want.
It seems that struts does a parsing and replaces
characters with the escape codes, but not for spaces.

How can I format my select with struts html tags to
keep the spaces intact?

Thanks

Charl